Saturday 15 February 2014

Flying in Formation : :

After all the renovating work we have done this last week, (we have removed 3 walls, painted the exterior, and put some of the new timber floor down) I decided that I wanted to play with some fabric I've been dying to use for about 6 months now!


Its an organic cotton called Tsuru, and I really love the oriental feel it has! Ive been hoarding it for long enough now! Its time to bring it out so I can use it!
I chose a BEAUTIFUL linen for the background! Its really really nice and I think it lends itself to the oriental, natural feel I'm going for.

I was going to be really boring and just copy a quilt design that I saw recently, which IS nice, but I decided to go out on a limb and take my first stab at designing my own.

I wanted to keep the design simple, and not overly crowded.
After trying out a few different designs on paper, I have decided on this one :



Or something like this one anyway! I really enjoyed making all those flying geese last week, and I still want to make more.

I'm going to call my quilt 'Flying in Formation'. (Is it weird to name a quilt before its even made?)

If it turns out any good perhaps I'll even write the pattern up and share it here on my blog.

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting to see your creative process. I don't think it's weird to name it before it's made--people name their babies before they're even conceived!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you :)