Monday 6 January 2014

A Christmas Surprise : :

First of all, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely holiday season!
We just got back from camping with friends for a week at Eden. It was so nice to be able to get away and hit the beach everyday!

Now onto what I'm REALLY excited about.....

Guess what Mr Handsome got me for Christmas???






ARHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! A BERNINA 440QE!!
I keep walking back and forth in front of my bedroom door. I just cant believe that there is a BERNINA sewing machine sitting on my sewing desk!!





Aurora (that's what Ive decided to call her. Original huh?) is beautiful! 

She sews like a dream and has so many functions and stitches! She is second hand, but the lady we picked it up from has only ever done quilting on her, and hadn't had her that long before she decided that she wanted a Pfaff.  


She came with so many extras! Including the BSR, which has never been used, magnifying lenses, a walking foot, and a few extra feet! (I know some of these accessories are standard with the 440QE, but I've noticed that people don't always include them when selling their Bernina). 

I haven't yet tried out the BSR or a lot of other features yet, but I cant wait to! 


























I have to make a few quilts to make in the next couple of weeks as two of my good friends are having/had little girls. I going to really put the BSR to the test, as I want to stipple them both (something which I have never done before because my free-motion skills leave a LOT to be desired!)




One of the best things about having a decent sewing machine and overlocker is I know that when I sit down to sew something, I'm not going to get frustrated because my machine cant do what I want it to! (which seemed to be happening more and more with my Janome sewing machine)
I am planning on doing a review on my Janome 5027LE, and then once I get to know these guys a little better I will do one on them as well. 

This year is going to be a VERY exciting one for me! I have lots and lots of plans and goals, which I will bore you with soon enough I'm sure!

Till then!

Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you :)