Friday 17 January 2014

Quilt-A-Long with me! : :

I'm so excited!! Melissa over at Happy Quilting is having another quilt-a-long!!
I joined the fun for her last one, and ended up having that quilt on show!!

This quilt-a-long is called 'Star Light Star Bright'. Here is a picture of the pattern using a bundle of fabric that is for sale (check out Melissa's blog for more info).


 Cute huh?
So....for this one I *think* I have decided to do a 3x3 queen sized quilt (there are lots of different layouts and sizes to choose from).
Now just for picking out my fabric.....Ive raided my stash (in true stash diet style), and have come up with two different fabric bundles that I could use for this quilt.  Help me choose!


The first is 'Just Wing It!' by MoMo for Moda. I LOVE this fabric, its so fresh and lovely.
 


Like all the other fabric in my stash, I got this with a particular quilt in mind. But luckily enough I have the right amount to use for this quilt-a-long. If I chose this fabric I would use Kona snow as the background as its a perfect match.

My other option is this...



Starflakes and Glitter by Tina Givens. I L-O-V-E this fabric too! Its so different and random! Did I mention I love it? 




Just look at those cute polar bears walking around a ball saying Joy to the world (Yes, it is Christmas Fabric). Check out this other print below...



 I REALLY like the characters on this one. They remind me of a cross between fairytale characters and a weird dream.

So which one do you think I should use? I think that the pattern would make a good Christmas pattern, being stars and all, but I'm a little worried about cutting up the fabric and loosing all those cute pictures and characters in the pattern?

Help me out and leave a comment below. Which do you like? Seriously, I'd really like to know.

Also If you want to join in the fun, there is still plenty of time! The first post has only just gone up, so there is still almost 2 weeks to gather your fabric and supplies!

My mum actually won a grand prize last quilt-a-long and it was GREAT! Lots of fun!

Hope you can join me!

Jessica





1 comment:

  1. They are both pretty, but I think I like the first photo better for this pattern. I agree with you that you might not want to cut those adorable frogs and penguins. Your blog is making me want to quilt again. I have to get to planning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you :)